back to the italian meringue:

the next time I do super red macarons, I'll make a cinnamon ganache;
this time I leaned on the simplest proportions ever::
ingredients
100 g whipping cream100 g valrhona guanaja 70%

coconut pinkos!again, italian meringue, with a white chocolate coconut ganache:
8 oz white chocolate
3 oz coconut milk
4 oz sweetened coconut
melt chocolate in a double boiler and cool to 90 degrees. Add coconut milk and mix well. set aside until it sets, but do not refrigerate. when mixture has firmed up, place the bowl on top a double boiler until warmed throughout. beat mixture until smooth and creamy. mix in coconut.
I'm not sold on this recipe -- it's passable, but I think next time I'll try adapting mercotte's basic ganache montée recipe, or play around with a mixture of coconut milk and cream.

the next time I do super red macarons, I'll make a cinnamon ganache;
this time I leaned on the simplest proportions ever::
ingredients
100 g whipping cream100 g valrhona guanaja 70%
1. chop chocolate in a double boiler.
2. bring milk to a boil, then pour over chocolate in three parts,
stirring after each addition to emulsify. let cool.
stirring after each addition to emulsify. let cool.

coconut pinkos!again, italian meringue, with a white chocolate coconut ganache:
8 oz white chocolate
3 oz coconut milk
4 oz sweetened coconut
melt chocolate in a double boiler and cool to 90 degrees. Add coconut milk and mix well. set aside until it sets, but do not refrigerate. when mixture has firmed up, place the bowl on top a double boiler until warmed throughout. beat mixture until smooth and creamy. mix in coconut.
I'm not sold on this recipe -- it's passable, but I think next time I'll try adapting mercotte's basic ganache montée recipe, or play around with a mixture of coconut milk and cream.

No comments:
Post a Comment