Sunday, December 28, 2014


I.  

Strange birds, songstresses, seamstresses, albatross:
That old cartoon, that smelly old carrion.  
Carrier pigeons, those few months of loose morals,
that various playing field, played (out) and oh, 
I just remembered another, the one with Keats' lips.  
Keats' death mask, we called him.  Number one.  
The boy with the rose still waiting, legs dangling
on a slip of paper edged into my hand, left on the bar: 
"nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands."
That really happened; I really knocked that one over.  
Look into my eyes.  The foreign traveller, pale and
with certain scars I traced, crisp, clean, collared shirts,
seaside blue, still starched and toe-headed, so silent,
serrated edges when fingers raked.  I forget his hands 
but his skin warm glow radiated elastic elongated
and moist, a bit too much elastin there feel 
                                                                     the cool damp 
 

II.  

and everyone wanted to eat their flowers

                                                                      wanted
                                                                                     to
                                                                                          

watch the svelte fall
        of the torso, the flat
                expanse that breeds
                        nothing but undulates
                                 the bone underneath

                                             underneath's stillness
                                                    in stillness.  This one 
                                                            is german, this one 
                                                                          has gone grey.
  

watch, settle down 
        like the dust in the jar
                  after the jar has been shaken

                                         take care, jar
                                                it's been grand 

No comments: