1924
Saturday 23 August
Dream: I was walking in a forest with my friend. At a curve in the road, a comet passed us, so slowly and so low that I feared its tail would ignite the tops of the trees. Once the meteor had disappeared, a tender and animated voice crept in between the branches and struck my heart as if with an axe. Nacreous breaking of waves on the nocturnal beaches of silence, the voice gradually filled the wood with its tides. "The birds are dying," my friend said. At that moment, the voice ceased, and I knew that the last bird had died. We had come to the edge of a pond where the nixies slept in their secret nests in the depths of the waters. The comet suddenly reappeared and swayed above our heads, then fell behind the horizon with a loud cry. The lake seemed clearer and more transparent; I saw that it contained towers and palaces, steps from which a crowd of men and animals descended, not living, but rather phantoms of entities -- and I quickly recognized among them Bear Skin, Donkey Skin and Puss-in-Boots who, as soon as they were out of the water, began to dance and dragged me into a round into which I never, never should have gone.
Saturday 23 August
Dream: I was walking in a forest with my friend. At a curve in the road, a comet passed us, so slowly and so low that I feared its tail would ignite the tops of the trees. Once the meteor had disappeared, a tender and animated voice crept in between the branches and struck my heart as if with an axe. Nacreous breaking of waves on the nocturnal beaches of silence, the voice gradually filled the wood with its tides. "The birds are dying," my friend said. At that moment, the voice ceased, and I knew that the last bird had died. We had come to the edge of a pond where the nixies slept in their secret nests in the depths of the waters. The comet suddenly reappeared and swayed above our heads, then fell behind the horizon with a loud cry. The lake seemed clearer and more transparent; I saw that it contained towers and palaces, steps from which a crowd of men and animals descended, not living, but rather phantoms of entities -- and I quickly recognized among them Bear Skin, Donkey Skin and Puss-in-Boots who, as soon as they were out of the water, began to dance and dragged me into a round into which I never, never should have gone.
{Journal}
No comments:
Post a Comment